Please see the list below of how we are currently working with our service users
1. Welfare calls by the Hub team to pick up on need and to help with isolation. We have a list of our most vulnerable service users to receive more frequent support.
2. Shopping, prescription pickups where delivery not possible or accepted.
3. Ongoing case work by telephone, including benefits and finance issues, and others.
4. Older Carers statutory assessments and annual reviews are being undertaken by phone, with these being posted out for signing off. Looking at other virtual ways to support carers. We are about to extend this project to all carers.
5. Referrals to other partner organisations for support and expertise.
6. Interactive open Facebook, Instagram support, quizzes and fun activities, evolving this engagement all the time.
7. We are setting up weekly Brew and Banter video sessions from Easter Friday. To include quizzes and general discussions.
8. We are looking to put together some IT support for our veterans over the phone to help them be more connected to the outside world (Online shopping/medical appointments/keeping in touch with family and friends etc).
9. We are looking to put together some virtual art sessions as part of our new Positive Pathways project – Creative Forces. We are looking into getting materials supplied to veterans who don’t have any paints/colours/paper etc.
10. We have started to put together a buddy system to connect veterans and their family members with other veterans and family members with similar interests (same regiment/hobbies etc) as an additional support network.
11. We were donated a large selection of military books when we first opened the Hub, so we are looking to see if it is viable to offer these books out to our veterans to give them something new to read whilst self-isolating.
Watch this space for more projects and ways we can support you.