The first and most important thing to do when thinking about volunteering is to decide what it is that you want to gain from your experience. There are many benefits to volunteering, here are just a few...
- Gain new skills
- Build confidence, self esteem, structure to life
- Help people
- Get a reference
- Build up contacts to help find a paid job
- Try a new area of work
- Meet new people (and make new friends!)
- Experience different cultures
- Stops your skills going rusty
- Ease yourself back into work after a difficult time
The list of benefits is endless and there are always positives to starting volunteering!
How can you access volunteering opportunities?
There are a number of ways you can access information about voluntary roles available in the Plymouth area:
- Attend our FREE, confidential Drop-in session every Wednesday from 10am - 4pm
- Register with Volunteer Connections and search for active opportunities on our Online Matching System (select the browse button below).
Advertising Volunteering Roles
Volunteer Involving Organisations can register with us to advertise their volunteering opportunities for FREE.
Your roles will be available through our online matching system which you can register for below. Benefits of our online system;
- Many people visit the Improving Lives Plymouth website for volunteering opportunities
- Our face to face Advisors will broker your roles using the same online system
- Roles can be updated instantly by you
- We have control over the system to make amendments and updates to suit your needs
- Our system allows us to broker your opportunities at events.
If you would like more information please contact us on 01752 241070 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plymouth needs volunteers and we are here to help you make it happen. Give us your time and we'll help you spend it wisely