We offer a well stocked Resource Centre showcasing some of the most useful assistive technology available to help those living with sight and/or hearing loss.
Our knowledgeable team of staff and volunteers provide confidential and impartial help tailored to individual need.
The service includes:
We can also advise on how to adapt existing equipment to make it easier to use for those with sensory impairment. A small range of products can be bought at the Centre and we can help you source other items by mail order from ther specialist companies and charities.
We operate as both a ‘drop in’ and appointment-based service; albeit, we would highly recommend making an appointment in advance of your visit so we can guarantee to be able to help you promptly.
· Talking watches and clocks
· Lighting to help with reading
· Kitchen equipment, including talking scales and microwaves
· Writing aids, large print stationary and talking calculators
· A range of magnifiers
· Electronic reading aids for magnifying documents
For Deaf and Hard of Hearing
· Amplified telephones and both corded and cordless phones
· Advice on mobile phones
· TV listening devices
· Loop systems for groups and the home
· Vibrating / flashing alarm clocks
· Alerting systems and doorbell alternatives
· Sound therapy products for people with Tinnitus
"The service was brilliant and helped me no end. I am glad I got in touch as the improvements in my life are down to the assistance and support you gave me."
For further information please contact us on:
Phone: 01752 201899
Mobile: 07496 950013