About Sensory Solutions
Sensory Solutions provides information, advice and equipment for people of all ages with concerns about sight or hearing. Family members, carers, friends, professionals and employers are welcome to use this confidential and impartial service provided by trained advisors.
We provide the following services from our base at 156 Mannamead Road and out in the community:
- Resource Centre - a well stocked demonstration centre showcasing assistive technology designed to help people with sensory impairment live independently. We also offer a FREE home trial service for most equipment
- Outreach Service – a home visiting service offering practical support to promote independent living
- Insight training course introducing people with sight impairments to the local and national support available to help them adjust to living with sight loss
- Low Vision Service – help with managing the impact on life of low vision
- Support for people who have hearing loss and those who are profoundly Deaf
- Individual and group Information Technology (IT) sessions
- Braille tuition and ‘Skills for Seeing’ (Eccentric viewing) training
- Sensory Awareness training for individuals and businesses
- Tailored training for medical and allied professionals on how to support patients with sensory loss
- Programme of exhibitions and events
Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm. Please note that whilst we welcome ‘drop-ins’, you may find, on arrival, that our staff are busy helping other clients. We would therefore recommend you phoning first and perhaps making an appointment, as these always have priority.
We are closed for lunch from 12.30pm until 1.30pm daily.
We are closed on all Bank Holidays and for the week between Christmas and New Year.
Improving Lives Plymouth
156 Mannamead Road