As a long established organisation, working within the city of Plymouth and the surrounding area, we have an excellent track record of delivering services and developing new ones to meet the needs of individuals and community and voluntary organisations.
Improving Lives Plymouth runs information, advice and support services for people with disabilities and long-term health conditions.
Improving Lives Plymouth currently has 50 paid staff and over 80 volunteers across our services.
Who we helped last year
- 3,764 sessions ran by Better Futures to support service users with a learning disability
- 1,028 local volunteers expressed interest for placement by Volunteer Connections
- 5754 Plymouth people used the Advice Plymouth Drop In. Working in partnership with Citizens Advice Plymouth
- 3939 people were supported by Sensory Solutions, advice and other support for independent living
- 1365 people with long term health conditions attended our Long-term Condition Self-Management courses
- 6945 attendances of individuals with learning disabilities and/or mental health engaged with Active for All
- 7,000+ carers were supported in a variety of ways by Caring for Carers
We are based in two main locations in Plymouth in the City Centre and Mannamead.